Looking for some engaging fall activities for preschoolers? Well, you’re in the right place.
Cooler weather, leaves changing colors, and pumpkin spice everything! This transition time between summer and winter has always been a favorite of mine.
This page is going to house all of Fun-A-Day’s fall activities for kids – from literacy to math to sensory play. I’ll be updating the page as I write more fall activities, so be sure to check back!
60+ Fall Activities for Preschoolers to Try
The activities have been broken down by category to make navigating easier. I’ll add more ideas as I write about them, so this page will be updated throughout the year.
My preschoolers have loved the ideas below, and I’m sure older kiddos would as well!
Fall Art and Crafts for Kids
Click on the photos below to check out the fall activities for preschoolers that are centered on art and crafts.
If the pictures aren’t working out for you, try these text links instead:
- Colorful Pumpkin Seed Fall Art
- Thanksgiving Turkey Hat Craft
- Turkey Tracks
- Coffee Filter Jack-O-Lanterns
- Halloween Cupcake Liner Wreath
- Pumpkin Seed Turkeys
- Mixed-Up Scarecrow Process Art
- Fall Art for Kids with Acorns
- Paper Pumpkin Crafts
- Fall Tree Art Projects
- Fine Motor Weaving with Feathers
- Spicy Pumpkin Pie Painting
- Simple Fall Hand Print Tree
- Fall Hand Print Art – Exploring Negative Space
- Corn Painting
- How to Dye Corn Kernels
- Colorful Corn Mosaics
- Halloween Sticky Table Art
- Spicy Apple Art
- Apple Print Making
Literacy Fall Activities for Kids
Here are some fall activities for preschoolers that encourage early literacy skills! Click on the photos below.
Click on the text links below if the pictures aren’t working well for you:
- Free Printable Apple Counting Book
- Apples Up on Top Name Activity
- Halloween Sequencing for “Big Pumpkin”
- Thanksgiving Emergent Reader
- Printable Halloween Book
- Pumpkin Counting Book
- Fall Colors Modeled Writing in Preschool
- Name Activities with Colorful Pumpkin Seeds
- Spider Counting Book
- Little Red Hen Retelling
- Apple Colors Emergent Reader
- Witchy Fingers Fine Motor
- Halloween Bookmaking
- 5 Senses Apple Activity and Class Book
Math Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Now it’s math’s turn. Some of the above literacy activities can crossover into the math category too, so be sure to check those out when you’re planning for fall math ideas. Click on the photos below for the activities.
Here’s a set of text links if they’re more your thing:
- The Pumpkin Geoboard
- Monster Slime Counting Cards
- Free Printable Fall Calendar Numbers
- Pumpkin STEM Challenge
- Thanksgiving Math with Number Turkeys
- Fine Motor Turkey Math
- Apple Color Matching Activity
- Fall Math Activities with Acorn Numbers
- Apple Numbers and One-to-One Correspondence
- Fine Motor Apple Math Dice Game
- Apple Taste Test and Graphing
- Farm-Themed Math Game “Put the Mud on the Pig”
Fall Sensory Activities
Fall is the perfect time to explore sensory play with the kids! So many textures, scents, flavors, sounds, and colors to delve into. Click on the photos below for the sensory fall activities for preschoolers.
Here are the text links if they work out better for you:
- Turkey Sensory Bottles
- Monster Slime
- Halloween Sensory and Science Activities
- Tiny Apples Apple Pie Sensory Experience
- Pumpkin Glitter Jars
- Spider Sensory Bottles
- Stellaluna Sensory Bin
- Pumpkin Seed Discovery Bottles
- Little Red Hen Sensory Bin
- 2 Easy Halloween Sensory Bins
- Pumpkin Patch Small World Play
- Harvest Play Dough Recipe
- Scented Tiny “Pumpkins”
- Scarecrow Sensory Play
- Pumpkin Pie Sensory Play with Oats
- The “Haunted” Pumpkin Patch
- Apple Scented Water Bin
- Spicy Apple Pie Play Dough
- Oats Apple Pie Sensory Play
- Halloween Slime
- Halloween Sensory Bottle
Science Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Now, we can’t forget about some good old fall science activities, can we? Click on the photos below to find out more.
Here are text links for the activities, as well:
- Fall Messy Play Ideas
- Preschool Pumpkin Activities for a Pumpkin Theme
- 40+ Pumpkin Crafts for Preschoolers
- Halloween Activities for Preschoolers
- 10+ Fall Sensory Activities with Cinnamon
- 15 Five Senses Activities for Fall Fun
- 50+ Apple Activities for Kids
- Fall Owl Crafts and Activities
- 30 Fun Fall Activities for Kids to Try
- Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Kindergarten and Preschool Apple Theme
- Pumpkin Seed Activities
Done-For-You Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Save some time and let us do the planning for you. Here are some fall activities for preschoolers that are already planned out and ready to go for you. You’ll find fall lesson plans and fall-themed preschool math activities.
For even more fall activities for kids, be sure to pop over to my Fall Pinterest board.
Fall Books for Preschoolers
I love to incorporate children’s books into all of my preschool themes and teaching topics. Here are some of my favorite fall books to read to the kids:
What are some of your favorite preschool fall books?