Looking for some engaging fall activities for preschoolers? Well, you’re in the right place. Here at Fun-A-Day, we’re big on playful fall learning.
In fact, this page is going to house all of our favorite fall activities for kids! You’ll find fall literacy, math, sensory, art, crafts, science, and more ideas here. Definitely more than enough to plan most of your fall lessons!
Everything shared below has been tried with preschool children, as well as a variety of kindergarten kids. So you could say they’re kid-tested, teacher-approved fall activities. I hope you and your students have as much fun as we did.
Cooler weather, leaves changing colors, and pumpkin spice everything! This transition time between summer and winter has always been a favorite of mine. And preschoolers enjoy exploring the change of seasons, don’t they? Maybe that’s why we have so many fall ideas to share.
Please be aware that I’ll be updating this page as I share more fall activities, so be sure to check back. In fact, bookmark or otherwise save the page so you can find it easily!
Fall Activities for Preschoolers
The activities have been broken down by category to make navigating easier. My preschoolers have loved the ideas below, and I’m sure older kiddos would as well!
Fall Art and Crafts for Kids
Here are over 20 artsy craftsy fall activities for preschoolers:
- Fall Painting for Kids Using Pumpkin Seeds
- Colorful Pumpkin Seed Fall Art
- Turkey Hat Craft
- Turkey Tracks
- Coffee Filter Jack-O-Lanterns
- Halloween Cupcake Liner Wreath
- Pumpkin Seed Turkeys
- Scarecrow Process Art
- Fall Art for Kids with Acorns
- Paper Pumpkin Crafts
- Fall Tree Art Projects
- Fine Motor Weaving with Feathers
- Pumpkin Process Art
- Simple Fall Hand Print Tree
- Fall Hand Print Art – Exploring Negative Space
- Corn Painting
- How to Dye Corn Kernels
- Corn Mosaic Art
- Halloween Contact Paper Art
- Spicy Apple Art
- Painting with Apples
Fall Literacy Activities for Preschoolers
Here are some fall activities for preschoolers that encourage early literacy skills!
- Free Printable Apple Counting Book
- Apples Up on Top Name Activity
- Halloween Sequencing for “Big Pumpkin”
- Thanksgiving Emergent Reader
- Printable Halloween Book
- Pumpkin Counting Book
- Fall Colors Modeled Writing in Preschool
- Name Activities with Colorful Pumpkin Seeds
- Spider Counting Book
- Little Red Hen Retelling
- I See Apples Printable Book
- Witchy Fingers Fine Motor
- Halloween Bookmaking
- 5 Senses Apple Activity and Class Book
- Fall Cutting Strips
- Fall Alphabet Cards
Math Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Now it’s math’s turn. Some of the above literacy activities can crossover into the math category too, so be sure to check those out when you’re planning for fall math ideas.
You’ll find over 25 fall math activities for preschoolers here.
Fall Sensory Activities
Fall is the perfect time to explore sensory play with the kids! So many textures, scents, flavors, sounds, and colors to delve into.
Click on the links below for over 20 sensory fall activities for preschoolers.
- Turkey Sensory Bottles
- Monster Slime
- Rainbow Corn Sensory Bin
- Scented Apple Sensory Bin
- Pumpkin Glitter Jars
- Spider Sensory Bottles
- Stellaluna Sensory Bin
- Pumpkin Seed Discovery Bottles
- Little Red Hen Sensory Bin
- 2 Easy Halloween Sensory Bins
- Pumpkin Patch Small World Play
- Harvest Play Dough Recipe
- Scented Tiny “Pumpkins”
- Fall Slime
- Scarecrow Sensory Bin
- Pumpkin Pie Sensory Play with Oats
- The “Haunted” Pumpkin Patch
- Pumpkin Slime
- Apple Scented Water Bin
- Spicy Apple Pie Play Dough
- Oats Apple Pie Sensory Play
- Halloween Slime
- Halloween Sensory Bottle
- Leaf Sensory Bin
Science Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Now, we can’t forget about some good old fall science activities, can we? Here are a couple to try:
Even More Preschool Fall Activities
I warned you that I have a ton of fall activities for preschoolers, right? Well, I wasn’t kidding! Here are even more ideas to try with your students. The following links are collections chock full of fall-themed learning fun:
- Fall Messy Play Ideas
- September Calendar Numbers
- Acorn Crafts and Activities
- Preschool Pumpkin Activities
- Corn Activities for Preschoolers
- Fall Art Projects
- Leaf Activities for Preschoolers
- Thanksgiving Bulletin Board Ideas
- Pumpkin Crafts for Preschoolers
- Halloween Activities for Preschoolers
- Fall Sensory Activities with Cinnamon
- Five Senses Activities for Fall Fun
- Apple Activities for Kids
- Fall Owl Crafts and Activities
- Fun Fall Activities for Kids to Try
- Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Preschool Apple Theme
- Pumpkin Seed Activities
- Scarecrow Crafts and Activities
- Preschool Thanksgiving Activities
For even more fall activities for kids, be sure to pop over to my Fall Pinterest board.
Fall Lesson Plans for Preschool
Let Preschool Teacher 101 make your teaching life a whole lot easier with hundreds of thoroughly developed preschool resources. This will save you a TON of time, so you can focus on being the amazing preschool teacher you are!
Here are some fall activities for preschoolers that are already planned out and ready to go for you. You’ll find fall lesson plans, as well as dramatic play, song, and math activities with a fall theme. Click on the images below for more information:
Be sure to check out The Pack from Preschool 101, a membership site for teachers like you. Members get access to our materials at a deep discount.
Fall Books for Preschoolers
I love to incorporate children’s books into all of my preschool themes and teaching topics. Here are some of my favorite fall books to read to the kids:
What are some of your favorite preschool fall books?
Leave a Reply