Looking for a giant list of apple activities for preschoolers and kindergarten kids? I’ve got you covered! Comb through the list to plan your preschool apple theme this year. You’ll find so many preschool apple activities to fill your lesson plans while keeping your students engaged and learning.
You’ll find a variety of subject areas and topics below, each of them filled with apple ideas for kids. There’s sensory exploration, math, science, literacy, art, crafts, and snacks. You’ll even find some apple-themed free preschool printables on the list, too!
Related: Fall Activities for Preschoolers
I enjoy teaching a unit on apples in the fall, what about you? I know not everyone enjoys it, and that’s fine. But if you do, I’ve got so many ideas to share with you below!
Supplies for Your Apple Activities
Before we tackle all of the apple activities for preschoolers, let’s talk about materials. Yes, there are a ton of ideas on this list, which can mean a ton of materials.
But I want to suggest that you just pick a few activities at a time. You can even choose a few apple-themed ideas that have similar material lists. Or choose activities based on the supplies you already have in your teacher stash!
Here are some of the materials you’ll need for the epic apple fun (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Real apples
- Pretend apples
- Washable paint
- Apple pie spice
- Construction paper
- Baking soda
- Dot stickers
If you have most of those items on-hand, you’ll be able to give a lot of the apple activities a try with your students! Again, don’t feel like you have to have each and every supply. Improvise if needed!
Apple Activities for Preschoolers
Now let’s take a look at all of the apple fun! I really wanted to help you with your apple lesson plans. So I gathered a little over 50 ideas for you.
Because there are so many, I made sure to break them down into categories. That way, you’ll be able to find the specific type of apple-themed activity you want.
To read more about each individual activity, click on the corresponding link. That will take you to the post just on that idea so you can get all the details! Most of the links correspond to a picture in the collages I’ve included.
Apple Sensory Activities
Let’s kick things off with sensory-based apple activities for preschoolers. You can definitely tweak many of these ideas to include other early learning areas, like math and literacy.
- Scented apple sensory bin with dyed chickpeas – take a peek at it in action in this video:
- Apple pie sensory bin done two ways
- Apple sensory table with scented bubbles
- Sticky color matching apple tree activity
- Apple-themed fall sensory bin
- Apple orchard sensory bin
- Ten red apples sensory bag
- Fall sensory bin with apple-scented rice (not pictured)
- Apple-scented fall sensory table (not pictured)
Apple Playdough Ideas for Kids
Yes, play dough falls under the sensory heading. But I thought it should have its own spot in the apple activities for preschoolers list. Just because.
- Spicy apple pie playdough
- Apple play dough invitation to play
- Caramel apple play dough
- No cook apple cinnamon playdough
- 2-ingredient apple scented playdough
- Caramel apple pie play dough
Apple Art and Crafts for Kids
Next up are the creative apple activities for preschoolers and kindergartners! Let’s take a peek at the apple-themed art and crafts.
- Three-dimensional apple tree art with cardboard tubes
- Apple suncatchers
- Apple tree craft for toddlers
- Stuffed paper apples fall craft for kids
- Apple handprint poem for parent appreciation
- Tissue paper apple tree craft
- Painting with apples process art
Check out even more in my apple crafts for preschoolers post.
Math-Based Apple Activities for Preschoolers
Bring on all the apple-themed math ideas!
- Apple tree math game free printable
- 10 apples up on top felt counting set
- Apple calendar numbers free printable
- Apple counting and sorting on the light table
- Candy apple math game
- Apple number recognition
- Counting apples busy bag
- Apple tree counting activity with clothespins
Preschool Apple Literacy Activities
I think the literacy-based apple activities for preschoolers might be my favorites. Maybe because I’ve been so entertained by the children’s apple stories over the years?
- Apple name activity with free printable apple letters
- Button worm apple fall name activity
- Apple counting book free printable
- Apple taste test and free printable class book
- ABC apple matching printable
- A is for apple do a dot printables
- Apple ABCs free printable mats
- Apple tree circle game song (not pictured)
You can find even more in my apple literacy activities for preschoolers post!
Preschool Apple Science Activities
We can’t touch on apple activities for preschoolers without talking about science, right? An apple unit lends itself to so much scientific exploration. Here are just a few ideas to inspire you.
- Apple volcano science experiment
- Candy apple M&M science fall STEAM activity
- Jumping apple seeds apple experiment
- Apple drying experiment
- Fizzing apple art fall activity
- Apple rotting experiment
Apple Snacks for Kids
Let’s close the epic list of apple activities for preschoolers on a sweet note. Here are some apple snacks you can make with and/or for your students.
- Microwave applesauce
- Caramel apple bites
- Quick apple crisp
- Crockpot applesauce recipe with just 4 ingredients
- Easy pocket pies
- Building with apples snack
- Apple chips recipe
Now that you’ve seen all 50+ apple activities for preschoolers, which ones are you most interested in trying? Be sure to save this post for future reference. If you have an Apple Theme Pinterest board, that would be the perfect spot.
Apple Lesson Plans
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life can be a daunting task. Let Preschool Teacher 101 help save you a ton of time with fully-developed, done-for-you early childhood education resources.
Click on the image below to learn more about our full and comprehensive apples lesson plans!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. We have multiple membership options to suit your needs! Check out some of our other apple-related products by clicking the images below.
Originally published September 2013.