Over the summer, the kiddo and I made all kinds of wreaths (and other creations) for Tinkerlab’s Cupcake Liner Challenge. I never got the chance to write about it, but those wreaths inspired this Halloween craft for kids!
Related: Halloween Activities for Kids
Halloween craft for kids to make with cupcake liners
Affiliate links to comparable items included below.
Cut the middle of the paper plates out, creating a simple “wreath” for the kiddos to work with. Grab the rest of the supplies, then jump on into the activity!
Related: Pumpkin Slime
1. Have the children paint their paper plate wreaths with orange paint.
2. While the paint is drying, let each child draw a jack-o-lantern face on an orange cupcake liner. I found that black permanent markers worked better than regular markers for this task (the regular markers had a tendency to smear).
3. Once everything is dry, have the kiddos decide how they want their wreaths to look. I just gave the kiddos the supplies and let them create! Of course, I ended up making one for myself too! Some children just wanted to put their jack-o-lantern cupcake liner on the wreath, while others wanted to fill the wreath up with liners!
4. Once the cupcake liners are affixed to the wreath, add “Happy Halloween!” I asked each child if she wanted to include “Happy Halloween!” If she did, then I asked who should write the words. Some students wrote the words themselves, while others asked for help from me.
5. Proudly display the children’s Halloween decorations! Ours are up in the “messy room” right now, but the kids will bring them home soon!
In addition to the individual wreaths, the children made two collaborative wreaths for our classroom doors. They helped me paint two styrofoam rings with orange tempera paint. Then each child drew a jack-o-lantern face on an orange cupcake liner. I glued the cupcake liners onto the painted styrofoam and then placed them on the doors! Easy peasy Halloween decoration!
Do you have any Halloween crafts for kids to make this week? If so, let me know in the comments below! I’m always excited to get new ideas from you!
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and much more! We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms, as well as some less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the images below to learn more about some of our resources great for around Halloween time!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!