Need some ideas to inspire apple art for preschoolers and kindergarten kids? I’ve got you covered with over 15 apple-themed art projects for kids to try this fall.
These apple art activities encourage your students’ creativity. And even though they all have an apple focus, you can still tweak the art ideas as needed.
You can incorporate these apple art projects into your next kindergarten or preschool apple theme. Or add them to a fruit or nutrition unit. They’d also be great as a follow up to a trip to the apple orchard.
Related: Fall Activities for Preschoolers
Materials for Your Apple Art
Before we jump into all of the apple art for preschoolers, let’s talk supplies. Here’s a general list of the items you’ll need for all the apple projects (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Washable tempera paint
- Real apples
- Salad spinner
- Apple pie spice
- Tissue paper
- Construction paper
- Paper plates
- Baking soda
Now, that looks like a long list. But you don’t need every single one of those supplies! Well, unless you want to make every single one of the apple art projects. 😉
Take a look through your supply closet and see what you already have. Then cross-check that with your favorite apple art below. And then you can decided if a trip to the store is needed.
What Do Kids Learn from Art Projects?
I am a huge believer of art simply for art’s sake. You don’t need a reason to let your students create, right? At the same time, crafts, process art, and themed art projects are innately full of learning skills. Here are some of the concepts art can touch on:
- Problem solving
- Color identification
- Color theory
- Various art techniques
- Descriptive vocabulary
- Sensory exploration
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor skills
- Bilateral coordination
And that is definitely not an exhaustive list! We know art is important for kids of all ages (and adults!) but sometimes seeing the benefits in writing can help. What would you add to this list?
Apple Art for Preschoolers
This is a collection of ideas, so you’ll find multiple links below. Each link belongs to an individual apple art project. Click through to read the details of the ideas you’re most interested in. Each link also matches up to an image in one of the collages.
- Try the classic Painting with Apples. It’s a must-try when it comes to apple art for preschoolers.
- Explore mixed-media art with this Sensory Apple Tree Craft.
- Use stickers from real apples as part of Watercolor Apple Art.
- Make Press Painted Apples for a classroom garland.
- Combine science and art with Fizzing Apple Art.
- Your kids will love using a salad spinner for Spin Painting Apple Art.
- Use real apples with this Apple Art for Toddlers. I love how she shares multiple ideas for your apple art for preschoolers.
- Try Watercolor and Salt Apple Painting to explore absorption.
- Get bold with Apple Stamping Pop Art.
- Use a variety of techniques while making a Tissue Paper Apple Tree.
- Grab a common kitchen item to create Textured Apples.
- Integrate scent into Apple Pie Spin Art.
- Use Painted Paper Apples to make a classroom collage.
- Make Paper Roll Apple Stamps with cardboard tubes. You can even test out other shapes.
- Get active with Marble Painted Apples.
- Grab old pool noodles to make Stamped Apple Art.
Now that you’ve looked through all of the apple art for preschoolers ideas, which one are you most interested in trying? Be sure to save this post for future reference. If you have an Apple Theme Pinterest board, that would be a good spot!
More Apple Activities for Kids
I think those apple activities for preschoolers would be nice extensions to the apple art for preschoolers!
Apple Dramatic Play
Overwhelmed and running short on time? Let Preschool Teacher 101 help with fully-developed, done-for-you early childhood resources. We have hundreds of lesson plans, STEM challenges, circle time songs, classroom management guides, and so much more. We also offer a membership, called The Pack, to preschool and kindergarten teachers. Members have access to our resources, and member exclusives, at a very steep discount.
An apple-themed dramatic play invitation would be a great idea in conjunction with all the apple art for preschoolers! Click on the image below to see the 160+ page resource:
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers.