These apple crafts for preschoolers are perfect for your next preschool apple theme! Pre-k and kindergarten kids will love these crafty apple ideas, too.
Your students can even explore math, literacy, science, and fine motor skills alongside the creative apple projects. I love when children are able to explore multiple concepts while having fun.
These preschool apple crafts are colorful and engaging, sure to draw your kids in. And you can make adjustments to each of the apple craft projects based on the ages, needs, and interests of your students.
Below you’ll find suggestions for materials to grab for the apple crafts. And then I gathered 15 apple-themed craft ideas for you. Click on each idea’s individual link for all the details surrounding each of the projects.
Take a peek and choose the crafty apple ideas that best suit your students. Depending on how long your apple unit is, you can try out multiple crafts!
What are Kids Learning with Apple Crafts?
If you’re a regular Fun-A-Day reader, you know how much I love using process art in preschool and kindergarten classrooms. Don’t worry, I’m gathering some apple art ideas to share with you later, too!
But just because I think process art needs to be included in the classroom doesn’t mean I think crafts need to be excluded. Kids can learn and practice important skills through crafting, too! Here are some concepts the apple crafts for preschoolers cover:
- Color identification
- Scissor skills
- Fine motor skills
- Bilateral coordination
- Apple life cycle
- Observational skills
- Descriptive vocabulary
- Following multi-step directions
That’s not an exhaustive list, and we can’t forget the benefits of creativity and fun, too! Because those are so incredibly important in the early childhood classroom!
While I’m not opposed to crafts at all, I do think it’s important to mention one related thing. It’s important the children are allowed to craft their own way. Yes, set guidelines and expectations ahead of time (like “paint stays on the paper”). But don’t expect each child’s craft to look identical. Allow for creativity and individuality along the way! And for the love of all things glitter, please don’t re-do the kids’ crafts for them.
Apple Craft Materials
Before jumping into all of the apple crafts for preschoolers, let’s chat supplies. I highly recommend taking a peek in your craft closet to see what items you already have on-hand. Then choose your favorite apple crafts and determine if you need to grab anything else.
Here are some items that come in handy with the crafty apple ideas (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Paper plates
- Washable tempera paint
- Sticky paper
- Washi tape
- Construction paper
Many of the apple crafts have overlapping supplies. So you’ll likely be able to make multiple crafts once you’re stocked up on things like paint and paper plates!
Apple Crafts for Preschoolers
Now let’s jump into the pre-k apple crafts! Below each collage you’ll find a link for each of the ideas. Read through the entire list, pick a few you’re interested in, and then click on the individual links for more information.
- Make an apple handprint poem to send home for the kids’ families.
- Decorate the classroom with colorful apple suncatchers.
- Use muffin tins to make a yarn apple craft.
- Let the kids trace their hands for a handprint apple tree craft.
- Work the kids’ fine motor muscles with torn paper apples.
- Teach beginning sewing with stuffed paper apples. This is a must-try when it comes to apple crafts for preschoolers, in my opinion!
- Use colorful tape for these washi tape apples.
- Make a big yarn apple craft with the children.
- Grab your recycling bin for these 3D egg carton apples.
- Stretch those finger muscles when making beaded apples. You can even explore patterning here.
- Make this easy tissue paper apple craft multiple ways.
- Explore the inside of apples with a paper plate apple craft.
- Integrate the kids’ hand prints into this paper plate apple idea.
- Use a variety of materials for a mixed-media handprint apple tree craft.
- Turn a yarn apple craft into a decorative garland with the kids.
Be sure to save these apple crafts for preschoolers so you can reference it later! Maybe you have an Apple Theme Pinterest board or Kids’ Crafts Pinterest board like I do? That’s a great place to keep it.
More Apple Activities for Kids
Check out a few more apple-themed ideas:
- Apple Pie Sensory Bin
- Alphabet Apple Hole Punching
- Ten Red Apples Printable Book
- Baked Cotton Ball Apples
- Apple Tree Math Game
- Word Work Apple Bump Game
- Apple Pie Playdough
If the apple crafts for preschoolers were a hit with your students, I bet they’ll enjoy some of the above activities, too!
Apple Lesson Plans and Resources
Let Preschool Teacher 101 save you a lot of planning time with done-for-you early childhood resources. We have hundreds of lesson plans, STEM challenges, differentiated math activities, dramatic play invitations, digital games, classroom management guides, and so much more.
Click on the image below to learn more about our fully developed apple lesson plans!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for access to our products at an even steeper discount. We even have different membership options to suit your needs! Check out some of our other apple-related products by clicking the images below: