This week’s Share It Saturday features are all about ice! Ice play is one of our fall-back activities, both at home and at preschool. It’s a wonderful material for sensory play, pretend play, small worlds, and science. Plus, it’s just fun and engaging for the kiddos. Adding different materials (like toys, glitter, or baking soda) can make it even more interesting! Below are 15 learning activities for kids that are all focused on ice.
Are you following Fun-A-Day’s Winter Pinterest board?
15 “cool” hands-on learning activities for kids
1. Snow and Ice Penguin Small World |Stir the Wonder
2. Fishing for Ice |The Science Kiddo
3. Ice Cube Sculptures |Teaching Mama
4. Arctic Ice Sensory Play & Blubber Experiment |Gift of Curiosity
5. Preschool Science Fun with Ice Castles |Fun-A-Day!
6. Melting Icebergs |Stir the Wonder
7. Colored Ice |Fun-A-Day!
8. Fizzy Ice |Toddler Approved
9. Ice Wreath Bird Feeder |Hands-On: As We Grow
10. Natural Ice Boats |Reading Confetti
11. Frozen Fairy Tale Science |Fun-A-Day!
12. Melting Ice with Salt and Watercolors |Happy Hooligans
13. Dry Ice Bubbles |Not Just Cute
14. Star Wars LEGO Science |Fun-A-Day!
15. Frozen Ocean Animal Rescue |Mama. Papa. Bubba
Which of these icy learning activities for kids are you going to try first? Do you have any frozen ideas that your children/students enjoy – if so, feel free to share them in the comments below!
If you’re a blogger, please be sure to link up some of your posts below! If you’re not, hop on over and check out some new ideas. I love seeing what’s shared here each week, and I hope you do too.