Fun-A-Day’s top preschool activities for 2013
As with many people, I find the new year to be a time of reflection. 2013 was a crazy busy year for me and my family, full of the usual ups and downs of life. A few of my favorite moments from the year:
- Holding and cuddling my new nephew!
- Taking an amazing sleeper train adventure with Engineer. He and I are still talking about it, months after the fact. We’re even thinking about planning our next train excursion!
- The “birth” of Fun-A-Day! I started this site in the summer of 2012 as a means to share ideas with friends and family. In February 2013, though, Fun-A-Day became a REAL blog where I can share activities and ideas with all of you, too!
Thank you so much for being a part of a great 2013! I hope you’ll continue to stop by and read about our learning adventures and share some of your own. Based on you, my darling readers, these were the top preschool activities of 2013:
1. Activities for a Preschool Camping Theme
Camping-related ideas for the kiddos, from a delicious treat to a unique art project to pretend play.
2. Teaching Children About Letters
Teaching children letters in real, meaningful ways! Includes background information, as well as tons of ideas to teach kiddos about letters!
3. 15+ Name Activities for Preschoolers
Some easy, fun ways for young kiddos to learn their names!
4. Icy, Fizzing Letters
A scented, frozen, FUN experiment that mixes science and literacy!
5. Math Activities for Preschoolers: One-to-One Correspondence
5 simple activities to teach young children the important skill of 1:1 correspondence.
6. Name Kits: Tools for Teaching Young Children Their Names
Oh, how I love using name kits to help kiddos learn to read and write their names! A very effective preschool tool!
7. 15 Ideas for a Preschool Farm Theme
Kid-approved activities for exploring a farm theme in preschool, kindergarten, or at home!
8. 20 Fine Motor Activities for Kids
A collection of ideas to get the children’s little fingers working out! Better yet, it’s all in the guise of FUN!
9. Eric Carle Activities for Preschoolers
Activities the preschoolers and I did as part of an Eric Carle author study.
10. Rhyming Activities for Children
10 super easy ways to get young children into rhyming! This is part 4 of a 5-part series about how to introduce and teach rhyming to kids.
Thanks for making 2013 a great year! I cannot wait to see what 2014 brings us!
Do YOU have a favorite Fun-A-Day post that isn’t listed here? If so, I would LOOOOVE for you to share your favorite in the comments below. It’s always fun for me to hear what my fab readers have to say!
Feel free to check out my Best of Fun-A-Day Pinterest board to keep updated as to the best and most popular posts!
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and other resources made specifically for preschool. We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms as well as less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the image below to learn more about one of our great resoures!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!