If you’ve popped by Fun-A-Day before, you’ll know I am a big believer in children learning through play. That’s why I was so excited to see homemade games for kids linked up at last week’s Share It Saturday! These homemade games and puzzles let the kiddos playfully learn a variety concepts . . .
1. Play Dr. Mom teaches literacy and fine motor skills with her homemade alphabet mitten games
2. School Time Snippets teaches logic, colors, and fine motor skills with her homemade sudoku puzzle
3. Sorting Sprinkles teaches about math using homemade animal tangram puzzles
4. Every Star is Different teaches about space using a creative hula hoop game
5. I loved teaching my kids about math with a farm-themed dice game
6. Teaching Every Day teaches sight words with her “I’m thinking of a word” game
7. JDaniel4’s Mom teaches math concepts using large homemade tangrams
8. Here at Fun-A-Day, I taught math and fine motor skills with an apple tree dice game
9. Little Bins for Little Hands teaches cutting and math skills with homemade puzzles as part of snowy day fun
10. I teach rhyming skills with a variety of homemade rhyming games
What concepts do you enjoy teaching with homemade games for kids? I’m looking forward to hearing more ideas!
Be sure to check out my co-hosts and see what they’re featuring this week — Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="https://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>