8 Christmas Wreaths for the Kiddos!
This holiday season, make some Christmas wreaths with your students! Christmas activities for preschoolers are so much fun! And these holiday wreaths make cute classroom decorations. They will also make great presents to send home with the kids the day before winter break as a parent gift!
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .” has been stuck in my head all day (you know you want to sing along with me)! This week, I’ve enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit with my son and my preschool kiddos. We’ve read holiday books, sung carols, and done a myriad of Christmas-related art projects. We haven’t made any Christmas wreaths yet, though. Some of my preschoolers pointed this out a few days ago and asked if I could show them how to make a wreath. I was delighted to see some festive Christmas wreaths at last week’s Share It Saturday — now I just need to narrow down my options!
1.My Nearest and Dearest’s lovely-smelling nature wreath is a top contender, especially since my students adore crafts and activities that involve scent in some way.
2. 3 Dinosaur’s movable glass gem wreath would be a great addition to the classroom’s math/fine motor center next week. My students love those glass gems, and they could make wreaths over and over again.
3. Fantastic Fun and Learning’s wreath is full of colorful ribbons, which would be a huge hit with many of the preschool kiddos. They’ve been dying to get their hands into my ribbon stash again.
4. ABC Creative Learning’s painted hand print wreath would be a fun group project for my students. I DO love using their hand prints to create art!
5. Imprints from Tricia’s adorable button wreath would look great on a Christmas card, or even the kids’ dollhouses and fire stations!
6. Teaching Mama’s yarn and pompom wreath would be a fun sensory art activity. The different textures of the materials would be interesting for the kids to play with while they’re creating the wreath.
7. Sow Sprout Play’s paper plate wreath looks like a great process art activity for the preschoolers. I could simply lay out the materials and let them design to their hearts content!
8. Lalymom’s paper hand print wreath would allow the kiddos to use their hands (and their friends’ hands) to make a colorful wreath decoration!
Well, I’m not any further along in narrowing down the crafty wreath ideas for my classroom. Maybe I’ll take a poll next week and see which activities the children want to make. Otherwise I’d never make my mind up — too many fun ideas to choose from.
Have you and your family ever made a Christmas wreath together? I’d love to hear more about it in the comments below!
Onto Share It Saturday! I love hosting this link up with Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Be sure to check out what they’re sharing this week, and don’t forget to pop by the Share It Saturday Pinterest board!
Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="https://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Christmas Books for Preschool
I always say that books are a must-have for anything I’m doing with the kids. What about you?
Here are some fun Christmas books to read with your preschoolers during the holidays (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 has created some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and other resources made especially for preschool teachers. Click on the image below to learn more about our Christmas around the world lesson plans!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs! Click on the images below for even more Christmas fun and learning!