A huge collection of spring art projects for kids to try.
I love creating art with kids throughout every season of the year. It’s fun to watch their love of color and their enthusiasm when it comes to experimenting with new art techniques. Children are often so wide-open with their imaginations and ideas that the sky’s the limit when it comes to art.
For some reason, spring just amps up how much fun the kids and I have with art. Maybe it’s the warmer weather and the chance to take the art outside. Maybe it’s all of nature’s blooming inspiration. I’m not really sure.
Are you and the kiddos looking forward to spring like we are? To get into gear for the change in season, I’ve gathered a collection of gorgeous spring art projects for kids. I’ve divided the arts and crafts into categories that make me think of spring – rainbows, flowers, insects and birds, Easter, and just-plain-colorful.
Click on the highlighted text to be taken to full descriptions for each spring art project. There are a few that are no longer highlighted, as the instructions or sites have been taken down.
Related: Easy Art for Kids with Dot Art
Rainbow-Themed Spring Art Projects for Kids
I love rainbows any time of the year, but they always make me think of spring.
It’s probably because the bursts of colors are perfect as we’re seguing away from the drearier days of winter.
1. Tissue paper rainbow art puzzle | Fun-A-Day
2. Rainbow spin art | Babble Dabble Do
3. Painting a rainbow on plexiglass | Twodaloo
4. Black glue and salt watercolor rainbow | Mess for Less
5. Rainbow sticky window art | Building Blocks and Acorns
6. Racing rainbow painting with cars | Fantastic Fun and Learning
7. Waxy spiral rainbow art | Tiny Rotten Peanuts
8. Rainbows on bubble wrap | Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
9. Rainbow art with baked cotton balls | Learn.Play.Imagine
10. Recycled Hanging Rainbows | Meri Cherry
Flowery Spring Art Projects for Kids
Flowers, flowers, everywhere! With spring comes so many beautiful blossoms around our town.
Why not bring them inside with these ten art projects for the kiddos?
11. Tissue paper flowers stained glass art | Fun-A-Day
12. Egg carton spring flower | Wildflower Ramblings
13. Sticks and tissue paper spring blossoms | My Nearest and Dearest
14. Giant spring flowers made with collage paper | Buggy and Buddy
15. Watercolor flowers | NurtureStore
16. Collaborative spring mural | No Time for Flash Cards
17. Four seasons sprint tree art | Red Ted Art
18. Tulip painting | Fun Littles
19. Spring flowers made with egg cartons | Toddler Approved
20. Fingerprint flowerpot | Fun-A-Day
Insect- and Bird-Inspired Spring Art Projects for Kids
Birds and insects are raring to go as we head into spring.
They’re especially fun to study with a learning theme in the classroom or at home.
21. Beeswax mixed media process art | My Nearest and Dearest
22. Birds on a wire art project | Rockabye Butterfly
23. Butterfly sun catchers | Twodaloo
24. Spring flower butterfly | Fantastic Fun and Learning
25. Yarn wrapped bee craft | Housing a Forest
26. Paper plate birds | Happy Hooligans
27. Fluttering butterfly art | Pink Stripey Socks
28. Aluminum foil butterflies | I Heart Arts ‘n Crafts
29. Melting insect sensory painting | Crayon Box Chronicles
30. Nest and bird craft | Buggy and Buddy
More Colorful Spring Art Projects for Kids
Bring on all the colors to brighten up the home or classroom!
31. Scented shaving cream art for spring | Fun-A-Day
32. Drop! Splat! Playful preschool art with watercolors | Fun-A-Day
33. Drawing with colorful sand | Buggy and Buddy
34. Colorful spring sun catchers | Twodaloo
35. Stained glass spring art project | The Artful Parent
36. Spring garden washer wind chime | One Time Through
37. Tissue paper kite craft | The Measured Mom
38. Easy spring wind chimes | Mom to 2 Posh L’il Divas
39. Salt painting collage | Meri Cherry
40. Painting with homemade rain watercolors | Learn. Play. Imagine
Spring Art Projects for Kids to Make for Easter
Don’t forget to plan some Easter-themed art projects when making plans for spring.
41. Plastic egg sculpture | Fun-A-Day
42. Easter egg hand print art | Fun-A-Day
43. Watercolor resist Easter egg garland | Fun at Home with Kids
44. Carrot hand print art | Housing a Forest
45. Chick and bunny wind up toy painting | Tutus and Tea Parties
46. String Easter eggs | Tiny Rotten Peanuts
47. How to make a bunny garland | TinkerLab
48. Rolling eggs art | Hands-On: As We Grow
49. Easter egg scratch art | The Craft Train
50. Easter egg sun catcher | Laughing Kids Learn
Which of these spring art projects would your kids be most interested in?! If you’ve tried any, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Originally published March 2015.
Learn About Process Art
If you’re interested in learning more about process art with young children, I have a 5-day email series just for you. The series walks you through what process art is and how to (easily!) get it started with the kids. You can sign up below:
If you can’t see the above form, click here to access it.
Preschool Lesson Plans Perfect for Spring
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, book suggestions, done-for-you printable lesson plans, whole group activities, small group activities, center time ideas, and related printables.
Click on the photo to be taken to the lesson plans.