Oh, how I love a good preschool ocean theme! Of course, the following ideas would be wonderful for a kindergarten ocean theme, too! Or adapt them for older children, as well! This collection is broken down into categories so you can find exactly what you want- arts and crafts, sensory bins, science, play doughs, math, literacy, and snacks. Below these activities is an absolutely amazing chance to win 1 of 3 $500 cash prizes, brought to you by the Kid Blogger Network!
35 amazing ideas for a preschool ocean theme!
ARTS & CRAFTS
Let the kiddos get creative as they learn about the ocean:
- Shell Painting with Watercolors – Fun-A-Day
- Cardboard Aquarium Craft – MollyMoo
- Toy Surfboard Craft for Kids – Play Trains
- Create and Ocean Play Scene – Paint on the Ceiling
- Coffee Filter Seahorse Art – Planet Smarty Pants
Hands-on ideas for an ocean theme:
- Super Simple Ocean Sensory Bin – Fun-A-Day
- Taste-Safe Play Sand & Beach Small World – Fun-A-Day
- Ocean Floor Discovery Bin – My Nearest and Dearest
- Giant Sensory Lagoon – Twodaloo
- Ocean Sensory Tray with Frozen Rice – The Imagination Tree
Activities for your little oceanographers:
- Frozen Ocean Animal Rescue – Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Explore Ocean Zones with Under the Sea Bottle – KCEdventures
- Invitation to Explore Ocean Water – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Ocean Science for Kids – Salt Water and Waves – Gift of Curiosity
- Octopus Black Ink Experiment – Learn.Play.Imagine
Sensory meets arts/crafts for more ocean fun:
- Taste-Safe Coconut Cloud Dough – Fun-A-Day!
- Sea Life Play Dough Imprints – Plain Vanilla Mom
- Beach Sand Cloud Dough Recipe (with Real Sand) – Fun at Home with Kids
- Rocky Shore Small World with Play Dough – Buggy and Buddy
- Natural Sand Play Dough – Creative Playhouse
Ocean math ideas to get the kiddos counting and sorting:
- Shell Sorting – No Time for Flashcards
- Counting Pearls for Shells – Rockabye Butterfly
- Sorting and Graphing Shells – One Time Through
- Fishbowl Counting Mats – The Preschool Toolbox
- Fish Math – Mom to 2 Posh L’il Divas
Ways to encourage literacy learning during a preschool ocean theme:
- Sea Shell Letter Match – And Next Comes L
- Ocean and Beach Books for Preschoolers – Mamas Like Me
- Sight Word Seashells – NurtureStore
- Don’t Soak the Shark Letter Matching Game – Toddler Approved
- Montessori-Inspired Beach Language Activities – Living Montessori Now at PreK and K Sharing
Make those snacks even better with these ocean twists:
- Jellyfish for Lunch – JDaniel4′s Mom
- Sand Dollar Cookies – Diamonds for Dessert
- Seashell Snack and Play – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Fine Motor Fishing Snack – Twodaloo
- Under the Sea Snack – Creative Kid Snacks
Would you add any other ideas to this preschool ocean theme? Check out Fun-A-Day’s early childhood themes page for more themed fun and learning!
Now, check out the opportunity to win 1 of 3 $500 prizes! The Kid Blogger Network is SO EXCITED to share this giveaway with you. I hope you find tons of great new blogs in the process, too. And I seriously want a Fun-A-Day reader to claim at least one prize! The giveaway will run from June 20, 2014 to July 9, 2014 – I can’t wait to see who wins!
Win one of three $500 cash prizes directly in your paypal account! This giveaway is open internationally. You must be 18+ years old to enter. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Please see detailed terms and conditions below the giveaway for more info.