Snowflakes are incredibly fascinating to kiddos. Here’s a collection of snowflake activities they’re sure to love! Be sure to add them to your collection of winter activities for preschoolers.
Are you following Fun-A-Day’s Winter Pinterest board?
There are crafts, sensory ideas, and even a treat to make with the kids. These activities are sure to brighten up even the dreariest winter day.
15 snowflake activities for kids to get into this winter
1. Make a garland of colorful snowflakes to decorate the house or classroom |Fun-A-Day
2. Use foam snowflakes as part of a hands-on letter matching game |Stir the Wonder
3. Use basic wood blocks to design your own snowflakes |3 Dinosaurs
4. Learn more about snowflakes with some of these great non-fiction books |Brain Power Boy
5. Let the little scientists experiment with fizzing snowflakes |Little Bins for Little Hands
6. Use snowflake word cards to encourage writing in a sensory salt tray |Playdough to Plato
7. Delve into a monochromatic snowflake sensory bin with buttons and gems |3 Dinosaurs
8. Get the scissors out and make some geeky snowflakes with the kiddos |Brain Power Boy
9. Explore symmetry by making a snowflake craft with cotton swabs |Buggy and Buddy
10. Grab some snowflake play dough for the kids to explore |Fantastic Fun and Learning
11. Create beautiful snowflakes with recycled materials |Red Ted Art
12. Set up a snowflake gross motor activity on your living room floor |No Time for Flash Cards
13. Whip up some snowflake “sensory soup” for the kiddos |And Next Comes L
14. Invite the children to make snowflakes on a mirror |Happy Hooligans
15. Make and share a tasty snowflake treat with your children |Come Together Kids
What about you and your kiddos? What snowflake activities would you add to the list? Feel free to share them in the comments below.
Preschool Snow Lesson Plans
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 learning activities related to the theme.
This set includes active hands-on learning ideas, book suggestions, and the following printables:
- Snowflake Roll and Color Graphing
- 2 Sets of Snowflake Number Cards for 0-35
- Snowflake Beginning Sounds Activity for Sounds /s/, /t/, and /m/
- Upper- and Lowercase Snowflake Letter Matching Puzzles
- Snowflake Patterning and Sorting Cards
- Count the Snowflakes Emergent Math Reader for Numbers 1 to 5
- Count the Snowflakes Emergent Math Reader for Numbers 1 to 10