Your students will have a blast creating their very own valentine art project for preschoolers. This fun and interesting art technique makes it the perfect project for process-based valentine art for preschool!
Are you following Fun-A-Day’s Valentine’s Day Pinterest board?
The Valentine-s Day process art activity was inspired by Housing a Forest’s monster prints and my July 4th coffee filter prints. Ever since I came across the monster prints, I have been enamored with this process!
An Easy and Fun Valentine Art Project for Preschoolers
Affiliate links included
1. Cut the coffee filters into a heart shape. Since my preschoolers were more into the print process, I did this part for them. In most cases, I’d encourage them to do this part themselves.
2. Place a coffee filter heart on top of a piece of white construction paper. Color in the coffee filter heart using markers. I encouraged the kiddos to fill up the heart with color. Some didn’t want to, though, and that was okay!
3. Once the heart is colored, grab a spray bottle of water. Spray the water all over the coffee filter and watch the colors bleed together. Try not to over-saturate the heart or the colors might bleed away completely.
4. Take a second piece of construction paper and place over the coffee filter heart. Press down. Remove the construction paper and admire the beautiful heart print! Be sure to check out the paper beneath the coffee filter, too. We loved how those prints turned out too!
5. Place the coffee filter heart and both pieces of construction paper out to dry. Once they’re dry, cut heart shapes out of the construction paper. Hang the coffee filter hearts in the window to act as “sun catchers.” The prints can be hung up around the house/classroom as decoration too!
6. (Optional) Decorate the heart prints with stickers and glitter glue. Surprisingly enough, my preschoolers didn’t want to do this step. They liked the hearts just as they were!
Do you have a go-to valentine art project for preschoolers? I’d love to hear about your ideas in the comments below! Do you think your kiddos would enjoy making heart prints?
Preschool Lesson Plans for Valentine’s Day
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes book suggestions, printable plans, over 30 learning activities (both whole group and centers) related to the theme, and corresponding printables.
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers