These free printable corn calendar numbers would be a great addition to your collection of fall calendar numbers! You can incorporate them into your classroom calendar or use them for a bevy of early math skills practice.
Use the corn number cards as part of your fall activities for preschoolers and kindergartners. Or add them to your next nutrition or vegetable theme. I think a unit just on corn and/or popcorn would be fun, too. No matter how you integrate them into your plans, you’re sure to find many uses for the corn numbers.
Related: Free Preschool Printables
In addition to all of the uses you’ll find for them, the corn number cards are also very low-prep. So you can have them ready for your students very quickly. Be sure to grab your own copy at the bottom of this post.
Corn Calendar Numbers
I love making simple printables like these corn numbers. The combination of low-prep and high-use just makes me happy, what can I say? Below, you’ll find tips for preparing the calendar numbers as well as ideas for using them with your students.
Keep in mind that these are just suggestions! You and the kids can definitely come up with your own uses for the corn calendar numbers. If you have some new ideas for me, I’d love to hear about them in the comments below.
How to Prep the Corn Number Cards
First, go and grab the supplies you need. Here’s what I tend to use when getting calendar numbers ready (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
And that’s really all you need! You can even cut out the laminator if you want to, but I like to use the cards for years. Laminating helps with that. While you’re gathering materials, be sure to pick up any items you’d like to use with the corn calendar numbers. Here are some ideas:
Once you have everything, it’s time to get the corn numbers ready to go. Here’s what to do:
- First, grab the free printable corn calendar cards at the bottom of this post.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Next, open the file in the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader.
- Print as many copies as you’d like.
- Cut the number cards apart.
- Finally, laminate the corn calendar numbers.
Related: Math Activities for Preschoolers
And now you’re ready to use the cards in your classroom.
How to Use the Corn Calendar Numbers
Oh, there are so many ways you can use the corn numbers with your students! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use the cards for their original intended version. Add them to your traditional or linear classroom calendar. They work well with paper calendars, as well as pocket chart calendars. The cards are 3-inch squares, so be sure to adjust your printer settings if you need them a different size.
- Pair the corn calendar numbers with another set (perhaps my squirrel calendar numbers) to practice patterning. I love that it’s so easy to differentiate this based on the kids’ needs!
- Put together a simple sensory writing tray made of cornmeal. Have the children practice writing numbers in the tray, using the number cards as visual cues.
- Challenge the children to put the corn numbers in order from 0 to 35. Then see if the kids can do the same thing in reverse.
- Use the numbered corn cards in a Memory-like matching game or as part of number bingo.
- Let the children use the numbers to measure things around the classroom. They can measure their structures in the block center, the lunch table, and even their peers! Encourage the kids to record their findings.
- Place manipulatives out with the number cards. Corn kernels, yellow pompoms, and math manipulatives would all work well. Help the children explore one-to-one correspondence by placing the appropriate number of items next to each number card.
How will you and your students use the corn calendar numbers? Don’t forget to pick up your own copy of the numbers at the bottom of this post.
More Corn Activities for Kids
Check out these corn-y ideas your students are sure to love:
- Dancing Popcorn (with RAINBOW kernels!)
- Counting Corn Sensory Bag
- Corn Sensory Bottle
- Candy Corn Counting
- Corn Painting
- Painted Corn Craft
- Corn Mosaic Art
I think those corn activities will complement the corn calendar numbers well!
Farm Dramatic Play Printable Pack
Preschool Teacher 101 has been saving preschool and kindergarten teachers so much time for years now. And we’d love to help YOU with fully-developed, done-for-you early childhood resources. We have hundreds of lesson plans, dramatic play packs, STEM challenges, math and literacy activities, circle time songs, and more. Members of The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 get even more at a steep discount.
Click on the image below to get our Farm Dramatic Play Pack for your classroom. It has tips and ideas for turning your dramatic play center into a farm. And it comes with over 100 pages of related printables your students can use as they pretend to run and visit a farm.
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Get the Corn Calendar Numbers
The free printable corn number cards are available for members of Fun-A-Day’s free email community. If that’s you, please enter your email address in the form below to have the download link sent to your inbox. If you’re not a member yet, we’d love for you to join us. You can do so by putting your information in the same form. Then you’ll receive the corn calendar numbers as a welcome gift.