Oh, how I just love hand and footprint art! Getting to paint their tiny hands and feet makes for fun art projects for kids. They also make great keepsakes for parents. One of my end-of-the-year traditions in preschool is my preschool portfolio, which contains hand print art for every month we’re in school. Below are a variety of hand and footprint art ideas from last week’s Share It Saturday, Fun-A-Day, and a few other places around the web.
Which Hand and Footprint Art are you going to try first?
1. Walking in My Father’s Shoes – JDaniel4’s Mom
2. Fingerprint Flower Pot – Fun-A-Day!
3. Hand Print Keepsake – Living Montessori Now
4. Winter Hand Print Tree with Snowy Fingerprints – Fun-A-Day!
5. Fingerprint Bugs Flower Pot – Lovely Commotion
6. Hand Print Art on Cork Board – Buggy and Buddy
7. Preschool Fall Hand Print Tree – Fun-A-Day!
8. Penguin Footprint Art – Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
9. Tissue Paper and Buttons Apple Tree – Happy Hooligans
10. “Duck on a Bike” Hand Print with Story Retelling – Fun-A-Day!
11. Flower Pot Craft using Kid’s Footprints – Sassy Dealz
12. Fall Hand Print Art with Negative Space – Fun-A-Day!
13. Hand Print Hearts Garden – Blog Me Mom
14. Easter Egg Hand Prints – Fun-A-Day!
15. Hand Print Campfire with a Song – Fun Handprint Art
16. Apple Hand Print Tree – Fun-A-Day!
17. Print Craft Farm – House of Burke
18. Hand Print Ships for Thanksgiving – Fun-A-Day!
19. Snowman Fingerprint Ornament – Fun-A-Day!
20. Beginning of the Year Hand Prints in Preschool – Fun-A-Day!
Do you have any favorite hand print and footprint art ideas to share?
Hands-On Preschool Materials
It is imperative that we keep our classrooms stocked with materials that will give our students the hands-on learning experiences that they love (and need!). There are a few specific things that I always keep on-hand in my classroom. Check them out in the list below.
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- Safety scissors
- Dramatic play items
- Math manipulatives
- Dry erase markers
- Sensory items
- Play dough
- Craft supplies
- Playground balls
- Music and movement tools
- Books, books, and more books!
When it comes to preschool, this list is really just skims the surface of the wide variety of materials that can be used. The best thing about this age group is that they learn the most while playing. So, whether they’re playing on the playground, building with blocks, or creating a masterpiece, rest assured that the children are learning so many important skills, all while having fun!
Be sure to check out my co-hosts and see what they’re featuring this week — Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="https://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and much more! We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms, as well as some less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the image below to learn more about some of our favorite products!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!