Are you and the kids getting excited about the Summer Olympics? In addition to being exciting and fun, there’s a lot of learning that can take place while watching the Summer Games. Kids learn about geography, other cultures, sporting events, sportsmanship, and more. I think it’s a good time to learn as a family, as adults find out new tidbits during the games too.
learning about the summer games with an awesome printable pack
The kiddo and I received a free copy of this printable pack in exchange for an honest review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Multicultural Kid Blogs put together an amazing 100+ page resource to help families learn more about the Summer Games! It’s geared towards kids who are 8 to 12. With some tweaking, I think younger children would still get a lot out of this pack. Since my son (aka Engineer) is 9, this printable pack is right up his alley.
What’s in the pack:
- History of the Ancient Olympics, along with a look at the modern Olympics
- Description of the sporting events of the Summer Games
- World mapping activity
- Information about the Games’ host country and city
- Reading passages about famous Olympians
- Information about the 10 countries with the most medals – country facts and histories, a recipe the kids can help with, music, reading ideas, etc.
- Other sheets to explore the Summer Games learning – word search, flag matching, and more
This packet is very in-depth but definitely written with kids in mind. I loved exploring the information with Engineer, as I’m just as fascinated! I think our favorite part is the description of all the sports, along with the medal tracker page. We’re looking forward to filling out that tracker as we watch some of the Olympics together!
Be sure to pop over and grab your own copy of the Summer Games Pack HERE from Multicultural Kid Blogs. I’d love to know what you think about it!
How are you and the kids learning about the Summer Games? Do you have a favorite event you like to watch together?