Are your kiddos excited about the winter Olympics this year? If so, here are some awesome Olympic activities for kids to try out! They were shared during the past two Share It Saturdays, and I can’t wait to try some of them out soon.
Related: Learning About the Summer Games
Fun Olympic activities for kids to try out this winter
1. Teach Beside Me shares some great ideas for hosting your own version of the Greek Olympics
2. Living Montessori Now shares a variety of Olympic-themed math, geography, and literacy activities for kids
3. 3 Dinosaurs has 20+ free printables all about the Olympics
4. Crayon Box Chronicles shows us how to make beautiful origami Olympic bracelets
5. JDaniel4’s Mom created a printable passport for kids to use while learning about the Olympics
6. Enchanted Homeschooling Mom has a huge Olympics-themed learning packet available for free
7. KCEdventure maps out the best way to plan a kids’ Olympics with tons of fun activities
8. The little ones at Crystal’s Tiny Treasures created their own Olympic flags
9. Education Possible shows how to create Olympic art with chalk pastels
10. Happy Hooligans made beautiful Olympic ring art
11. Afterschool for Smarty Pants shares a small world rink for Olympic pretend play
12. Stir the Wonder made beautiful wooden figures for Olympics small world and pretend play
13. JDaniel4’s Mom has yummy food, Olympic values lessons, and learning activities
14. Enchanted Homeschooling Mom’s son talks about a trip to an Olympic training center
15. Learning is Messy plays a hockey learning game
More Olympic activities for kids can be found on my Olympics Pinterest board.
Has your family or class tried any Olympic activities for kids this winter? If so, what were some of your favorites? Be sure to check out my co-hosts and see what they’re featuring this week — Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="https://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and other resources made specifically for preschool. We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms as well as less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the image below to learn more about our lesson plans based around a classic childhood toy: the ball.
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!