Your collection of calendar numbers definitely needs this set of free printable summer calendar numbers! Incorporate them into your traditional or linear calendar to keep track of days in the classroom.
AND you can use the summer number cards for all kinds of early math skills practice! I love it when free printables can be used in a multitude of ways, what about you?
These calendar cards are perfect for a summer theme, a beach theme, or even as part of your summer camp. No matter how you choose to use them, the summery calendar numbers are sure to be a hit with your students.
Related: Free Preschool Printables
Sand castles, luscious watermelon slices, and bright suns make these calendar number cards perfect for any summer learning theme. Be sure to get your own copy at the very bottom of this post.
Summer Calendar Numbers
As I mentioned earlier, the summer numbers can be used in about a zillion different ways. From basic counting practice to all sorts of math activities – many of which are disguised as games! Calendar cards are so versatile and I just know you’ll find yourself using them all them time.
Related: Spring Calendar Numbers
Prep the Summer Number Cards
Prepping the summer calendar numbers is extremely straightforward, and just takes a little cutting (and laminating, if you so desire) after you print them out.
Here are some supplies we tend to use the most with calendar card printables. You don’t need all of them, so choose your preferences (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Scissors (or paper cutter)
- Corner rounder (totally optional)
- Laminating pouches
- Dry erase markers
- Calendar pocket chart
- Mini pom poms
Of course, you can use them un-laminated. But if you’ll be using them for any hands-on activities, you’ll most likely want to laminate them to keep them from getting ruined. Paper printables tend to find their way to liquid, get folded, crumpled, torn, and all sorts of other horrible things. 🙂
Here’s how to get started:
- Download the free summer calendar numbers at the bottom of the post.
- Save it to your computer and open it in the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader.
- Cut the pages apart into individual number cards.
- Cut and use the corner rounder if you want to.
How to Use the Summer Calendar Numbers
Now that the number cards are ready to go, it’s time to jump into the summer math activities! I’ll give you just a few of the ways you can use the summer calendar numbers in your learning endeavors. And I’m sure you’ll come up with your own ideas if inspiration strikes!
Some ideas to get you started:
- If you’d like, just use them as calendar numbers! They work well in both traditional and linear calendars.
- Pair the summer number cards with a variety of manipulatives. Encourage the kids to count out the appropriate number of objects next to each number card. For children just starting to explore one-to-one correspondence, I recommend beginning with just a few of the cards.
- Explore patterning by combining 2 or 3 different sets. Start the patterns for children who are just getting introduced to patterns. Then have the kids work together to add to your pattern. For kids who are pattern experts, challenge them to make more and more complicated patterns.
- Have the kids practice putting the calendar cards into numerical order, from 0-35. Then challenge them to do so backwards.
- If you want to set up a summer sensory station, the cards (laminated, of course!) work great buried in sensory filler material. Have the kids dig for certain numbers, or they can simply tell you which numbers they discover.
- The big, bold numbers are great for tracing over with their fingers or with a dry erase marker. Great for practicing number formation.
And this is just the beginning! How will you use the summer calendar numbers with your students?
More Summer Math Activities
Here are some more activities to round out your summer with some hands-on learning with the kids:
- Ice Cream Math
- Roll and Color Summer Math Games
- Watermelon Geoboard
- Sunshine Roll-Cover-Write Printable
- Watermelon Printable Book
- Summer Number Identification
Summer Preschool Resources
Let Preschool Teacher 101 be your resource for all of your preschool educational planning. Our printable lesson plan sets each include book suggestions, printable plans, over 30 learning activities (whole group, small group, and centers) related to the theme, and corresponding printables. Click on the images below to grab your own:
And, of course, there’s plenty more to explore in our store! Click the links below to check out the following resources, plus so many more!
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers, if that’s your preference. And be sure to check out The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101, a membership site devoted to saving teachers like you a ton of planning time.
Free Printable Summer Calendar Numbers
This free printable is available to members of Fun-A-Day’s free email community. If you’re a member, fill out the form below and the download links will be sent to your inbox. If you’re not a member, you can join us by entering your information in the form. Then you’ll receive the summer number cards as a welcome gift!
Get the calendar numbers here:
You can use the link in a new tab if you prefer.