You don’t want to miss out on these preschool camping theme printables. They are the perfect additions to your next preschool camping theme!
I love setting up a preschool camping theme during the summer and fall, what about you? Especially because the weather allows for opportunities for the kids to participate in some common camping experiences like nature walks, making s’mores on a stick, and identifying various plant and animal wildlife.
The printables in the list below incorporate a variety of activities. Some of the activities are created to do outside. While others include some more baseline knowledge to cover before you get outside and start exploring with the little ones.
So pair your printables with an outdoor scavenger hunt or keep the kids inside as you teach them the basics of camping. Either way, the children will extend their knowledge with these fun preschool camping theme printables!
Preschool Camping Theme Printables
Let’s get started with the camping fun!
Each child creates their own, unique, camping bingo card with the printable and game instructions.
The students have a chance to practice counting and writing numbers with the camping I-spy printables.
The kids get to show off their imaginations with the camping charades game as they act out and interpret various camping activities.
Children practice camping-themed vocabulary and how to answer various questions with the camping themed WH question cards.
Print out the hiking scavenger hunt for your kids to use on your next nature walk!
I love this different approach to an outdoor scavenger hunt because it allows the kids to draw out their findings in each box!
Check out twenty full pages of camping do-a-dot printables. Dot markers have always been a hit with my students, what about yours?
This camping themed shadow matching activity lets the children practice visual discrimination skills.
The let’s go camping printable paper play set is such a great activity for the kids to cut out and color themselves. Lots of fine motor practice!
Children practice sight words as they build a yummy treat with the sight words s’mores activity.
What a genius idea to print out the outdoor scavenger hunt and s’mores printables directly onto paper bags for easy collecting!
The printable camping counting book is a great learning tool to practice counting, coloring, and number formation.
Students “set up camp” right inside your classroom with the camping pretend play activity.
If you found the preschool camping theme printables useful in your classroom, then you’ll definitely want to check out our master list of free preschool printables. There, you’ll find even more great resources to fit a variety of topics.
Preschool Camping Books
I know your students are going to love the preschool camping theme printables! But, if you’re a regular reader of Fun-A-Day, you already know how much I love reading to the kids! I think it is one of the most important things we can do to instill a love of learning in young children.
And I like to take every opportunity I have to recommend books for you to enjoy with your students. So here are some great camping and outdoors books, in a variety of genres (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
Other Activities and Materials for a Camping Theme
Now you have some engaging preschool camping theme printables along with some interesting book ideas. And now you may be wondering what other supplemental items you should have on-hand for your camping theme.
Check out the list below to see if you think any of these items and activities would be a good fit for your preschool class!
- Start off your camping theme by letting your students pitch a kids Tent! They’ll love using the tent for various pretend play scenarios.
- Before gearing up to go on a nature walk, gather an explorer set so the kids can look the part!
- While you’re exploring the great outdoors, kids nets definitely come in handy. Use them to catch butterflies or even small water animals if you’re near a body of water!
- You can’t talk about camping without marshmallows! They can be used for so many different things: yummy s’mores, painting with marshmallows, or even some great STEM activities!
- Then you’ll need some graham crackers and Hershey’s bars to go along with the marshmallows. Maybe even some kid friendly skewers!
- Don’t forget about all of those bug-loving kids in your classroom! Let them try out a bug catcher kit. Just make sure to provide proper supervision and remind them of safe practices so that both the kids and the bugs stay safe.
- Binoculars and magnifying glasses are great to have on-hand for bird watching or investigating far-away or tiny things.
- As always, you’ll want some great art supplies. Then, you can guide the children in doing any number of summer art projects. Try out our pet rocks camping art activity, for instance!
How will you explore a camping theme with your students? Make sure to let us know in the comments below!
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
I know ALL the work that goes into crafting meaningful lesson plans week after week. Let Preschool Teacher 101 help you out with lesson plans, complete with activity ideas and printable resources!
In fact, we even have a full set of lesson plans dedicated to a camping theme! Any of the preschool camping theme printables above will fit in with these lessons seamlessly.
Be sure to sign up for The Pack from Preschool 101‘s waiting list! You’ll be the first to know when we open enrollment next.
Check out some of our other resources perfect for summer below.