I’m a big proponent of hands-on activities for children of all ages. Kids explore the world with their senses as they play and learn. Activities that get them moving, interacting, and experiencing various concepts have a bigger impact on their brains. I’m excited to share an e-book that is chock full of hands-on activities for kids who are learning their letters and numbers.
Hands-On Activities for Kids Learning Letters & Numbers
I worked with a variety of other parents and educators to create this e-book, and I’m pretty proud of it! It is full of learning activities that get kids into the thick of the fun. Yes, the activities are all centered around alphabet and number learning, but they’re all done in such a fun way. Kids will have the chance to explore a variety of literacy and math skills while delving into science, imagination play, and more.
Take a peek into the book in this video –
Hands-On Activities Included in this eBook
~ 40+ hands-on play ideas that will help your child build their letter and math skills
~ multi-sensory activities for children aged 2 to 8
~ resources for parents and teachers, at home or in the classroom, with ideas for indoor and outdoor learning
~ material lists, step-by-step instructions, and full color photographs of every activity
~ suggestions for variations and extensions so you can adapt the activities to suit your child
~ a wide range of learning activities, across literacy and math, including:
- learning to recognise and write letters and numbers
- understanding both upper and lower case letters
- drawing shapes and making marks
- working on alphabetic order
- working on spelling of your name, sight words, cvc words and other vocabulary
- developing language skills
- understanding one-to-one correspondence
- learning to count, to add, and subtract
- base-ten understanding and double digit addition
Bonus Printables Pack
From April 10, 2017 through May 7, 2017, you’ll get a bonus printable pack along with the eBook! It comes with 18 additional printables, with over 70 pages including:
- ABCs and 123s poster
- Alphabet and numbers challenge sticker sheet
- ABCs and 123s challenge certificates
- Colourful alphabet cards – upper and lower case
- Colourful number cards – 1 – 20
- Animal A – Z matching game
- Bingo play sets – a numbers and a letter set
- Goldilocks math and storytelling play set
- Number treasure hunt cards
- Pizza parlour math role play set – great for counting and fractions
- Number Wheels – 1 – 10 and 11 – 20
- Rocket Word Family Game
- Pipe Cleaner Letters
- Number Car Park play mat
- Farm Animal Count And Clip
- Art Dice Drawing Game
- Shell Counting and Matching Game
- Awesome book lists for books that feature counting, arithmetic, place place value, money, time, fraction and more, and a whole alphabet book list featuring titles for each letter, a through to z
How to Purchase
This is an eBook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the eBook and all the resources. Save it to your computer or iPad* and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
You can buy the eBook wherever you are in the world. Since payment is made via PayPal, any currency conversion is taken care of for you. From April 10, 2017 through May 7, 2017 the eBook is on sale for $9.99.
*You can buy the eBook now, on any device, and then download it when you are ready. Depending on the apps you have installed and your operating system, you might be able to download the eBook on your mobile device. However if you have any doubts or problems, I recommend you use a computer to download the book and then share it to your mobile devices. You will be sent download instructions when you purchase the eBook.
Literacy Materials for Preschool
Teaching young children the many early-literacy concepts they’ll need as pre-readers can seem intimidating. But the key to doing so successfully is by keeping students engaged in the learning process and having fun.
So, with that in mind, I’ve created a list of products that can be used to keep learning literacy concepts fun and exciting. Check it out below.
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- Magnetic letters
- Letter tiles
- Sensory materials
- Play Doh
- Colored pencils
- Paint brushes
This list is just the tip of the iceberg. The possibilities really are endless. We can even use the things around us each day to teach early literacy skills. Anything can be turned into a learning opportunity with a little creativity. Just remember to keep the learning fun!
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and much more! We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms, as well as some less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the images below to learn more about some of our literacy product offerings!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!