Monster activities are always a hit when it comes to Halloween activities for preschoolers. And they’re so much fun! These monster projects are the perfect visual aid for all of those “scary” stories the students ask to hear around this time of year. And I know the kids will love using some of them to tell their own spooky tales!
Of course, I tend to aim for not-so-scary monster ideas . . . for me, just for the kids!
Fun Monster Activities for Kids Just in Time for Halloween
Below you’ll find over 10 monster activities the kids can get into this Halloween. They run the gamut from art, crafts, sensory play, and literacy.
I think many of them would be great inside the classroom, or as activities to do at home as a family.
Frankenstein Monster Pumpkin from Fun-A-Day!
“Where Do Monsters Live?” Book-Making from Fun-A-Day!
Monster-Making Play Dough from Little Bins for Little Hands
Silly Monsters from P is for Preschooler
Clean-Out-the-Craft-Drawer Monsters from The Measured Mom
Monster Jars from Fantastic Fun and Learning
Yogurt Cup Monsters from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Peek-a-Boo Frankie from Crafty Journal
Toilet Roll Monsters from Happy Hooligans
Monster Slime from I Heart Crafty Things
Franken-SLIME Monster Favors from Mama.Papa.Bubba
Monster Blow Painting from Picklebums
Monster Marker Prints from Housing a Forest
Mix and Match Felt Monsters from And Next Comes L
Monster Color Sorters from Twodaloo
What fun monster activities or crafts have you done with the kiddos this month?
Materials for Halloween in Preschool
Well, it looks like this October is going to be jam-packed with some super fun and slightly scary activities for your preschoolers. So, you’ll definitely need to gather some materials to make sure your supply closet is stocked up for all of the fun that is to come.
With that in mind, I’ve created a list of materials that is perfect for some great Halloween-related activities. Please note that I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- Pie pumpkins
- Orange and black construction paper
- Halloween mini erasers
- Small plastic pumpkins
- Orange, black, purple, and green paint
- Colorful googly eyes
- Plastic eye balls
- Witches fingers
- Plastic spiders
- Halloween-colored pompoms
- Mini cauldrons
- Halloween glitter
Preschool Monster Lesson Plans
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for classroom teachers and home preschool families so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set includes active hands-on learning ideas, book suggestions, and the following printables:
- Monster Calendar (or general number) Cards
- Uppercase Monster Letter Cards
- Lowercase Monster Letter Cards
- Color Matching Monster Mats and Activity Pieces
- Counting Monster Mats (1-10)
- Roll and Count Monster Math Game Boards (6 versions)
- Feed the Monster Templates
- Monster Munchies Beginning Sound Cards
- Number Cubes (6 versions) for Monster Math Activities
- Roll-A-Monster Creative Art Activity Pieces and Game Cube
- Monsters’ Healthy Choices Recording Sheet
- Monster Hourse Beginning Sound Sort
- Monster Number Cards(0-35)
- Where Do Monsters Live Book Making Guide and Printable Pages
Get your monster-themed lesson plans: