Monster activities are such a blast to do with the kids around Halloween. That’s when the kids start asking for “scary” stories, and I love to hear their own Halloween tales.
Of course, I tend to aim for not-so-scary monster ideas . . . for me, just for the kids!
Fun Monster Activities for Kids Just in Time for Halloween
Below you’ll find over 10 monster activities the kids can get into this Halloween. They run the gamut from art, crafts, sensory play, and literacy.
I think many of them would be great inside the classroom, or as activities to do at home as a family.
Frankenstein Monster Pumpkin from Fun-A-Day!
“Where Do Monsters Live?” Book-Making from Fun-A-Day!
Monster-Making Play Dough from Little Bins for Little Hands
Silly Monsters from P is for Preschooler
Clean-Out-the-Craft-Drawer Monsters from The Measured Mom
Monster Jars from Fantastic Fun and Learning
Yogurt Cup Monsters from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Peek-a-Boo Frankie from Crafty Journal
Toilet Roll Monsters from Happy Hooligans
Monster Slime from I Heart Crafty Things
Franken-SLIME Monster Favors from Mama.Papa.Bubba
Monster Blow Painting from Picklebums
Monster Marker Prints from Housing a Forest
Mix and Match Felt Monsters from And Next Comes L
Monster Color Sorters from Twodaloo
What fun monster activities or crafts have you done with the kiddos this month?
Preschool Monster Lesson Plans
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for classroom teachers and home preschool families so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set includes active hands-on learning ideas, book suggestions, and the following printables:
- Monster Calendar (or general number) Cards
- Uppercase Monster Letter Cards
- Lowercase Monster Letter Cards
- Color Matching Monster Mats and Activity Pieces
- Counting Monster Mats (1-10)
- Roll and Count Monster Math Game Boards (6 versions)
- Feed the Monster Templates
- Monster Munchies Beginning Sound Cards
- Number Cubes (6 versions) for Monster Math Activities
- Roll-A-Monster Creative Art Activity Pieces and Game Cube
- Monsters’ Healthy Choices Recording Sheet
- Monster Hourse Beginning Sound Sort
- Monster Number Cards(0-35)
- Where Do Monsters Live Book Making Guide and Printable Pages
Get your monster-themed lesson plans: