Spring weather has finally made an appearance here! Our preschool theme has changed with the warmer temperatures – we’re talking about insects and plants now. The garden activities for kids linked up at last week’s Share It Saturday have given me some great ideas to work with. I know my students are going to love exploring some of the activities, and I hope your kiddos do as well!
Over 70 garden activities for kids!
1. The Usual Mayhem shares resources for hands-on plant science. Great for when you’re planning those garden activities for kids.
2. Growing Book by Book has ten counting books to read with your budding gardeners. I love discovering new books to read with my students!
3. Rubberboots and Elf Shoes planted potatoes with her kindergarten class. I can’t wait to read about the potato feast they’re going to have at the end of the year.
4. Fantastic Fun and Learning created a hunt for letters in the garden. What a fun way to bring literacy out into nature.
5. World for Learning made a terrarium to extend learning about “The Secret Garden”. I love how she crafted a science activity to go along with the book.
If you’re looking for even more garden activities for kids, check out . . .
- 34 garden activities for kids from The Educators’ Spin On It
- 30 ideas for gardening with kids at KC Edventures
Be sure to check out my co-hosts and see what they’re featuring this week — Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="https://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and other resources made specifically for preschool. We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms as well as some less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the images below to learn more about some of our garden-themed resources.
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!