Add these dinosaur activities for kids to your list of activities for preschoolers at home or at school. At this age, lots of kids are super interested in dinosaurs. So, I know these activities will be a hit in any setting – wether that’s at home or at school!
I’m sharing a “round up” of dinosaur activities for kids as part of the HOPE FOR HOPE. This blog hop was set up to honor a very special little girl. Her name is Savannah Hope, Heather of Crayon Box Chronicles‘ daughter. While I’ve never met the family, Heather is a blogging bud of mine. I’ve been invested in Savannah Hope’s story since Heather announced her pregnancy. Savannah was born on June 10, 2014 and has been fighting for her life ever since (due to Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia). I decided to focus on dinosaurs for more part of the HOP FOR HOPE because of all the fun dinosaur ideas found over at Crayon Box Chronicles.
lots of fun dinosaur activities for kids!
1. Paper mache dinosaur cave from Crayon Box Chronicles
2. Mini Volcano Eruption Craft from Crayon Box Chronicles
3. Dinosaur Sponge Painting from Crayon Box Chronicles
4. Dinosaur Melted Crayon Art from Crayon Box Chronicles
5. Dinosaur Sensory Bin from Fantastic Fun and Learning
6. A Dinosaur Garden from Fun at Home with Kids
7. Digging for Dinosaur Bones: A Maths Game from The Imagination Tree
8. Funny Dinosaur Books for Kids from The Measured Mom
9. Let’s Learn about Paleontologists from Fireflies and Mud Pies
10. Dinosaur Sensory Bin from Rubberboots and Elf Shoes
11. Watermelon Volcano Small World from Twodaloo
12. Frozen Dinosaurs from My Nearest and Dearest
13. Dinosaur Sensory Play and Small World from Fun at Home with Kids at Learn-Play-Imagine
14. Ice Cream Excavation with Chocolate Dinosaur Fossils from LalyMom
15. Dinosaur Alphabet Match Up from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Do you have any ideas to add to the list? I’m always looking for more dinosaur activities for kids to get into! If you’re looking for more themed ideas, check out Fun-A-Day’s early childhood themes page!
Don’t forget to check out the HOP FOR HOPE for even more kids’ activities.
For more information about Savannah Hope’s progress, please visit the Prayers for Savannah Hope Facebook page. If you’re interested in donating, please stop by the Prayers for Savannah Hope Fund. No matter what, THANK YOU for any kind thoughts you can send Savannah Hope’s way!
Hands-On Science Materials
Everyone learns differently. But young children seem to be more interested in learning when they are able to connect with the subject. And that’s where hands-on science comes in! I find that letting children experience hands on science gets them excited to explore various science topics. With that in mind, you might want to keep your classroom stocked with some great science materials.
Check out this list and decide which items will work well in your classroom (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Science magnet kit
- Magnifying glass set
- Kid-friendly tongs
- Jumbo eye droppers
- Sensory tubes
- Safety goggles
- Science mix and measure set
- Sensory bottles
- Sensory bins
- Butterfly net set
The children are going to absolutely love learning about these science tools. And I know they’ll love getting to use them even more!
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and much more! We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms, as well as some less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the images below to learn more about our dinosaur products!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!