Welcome to the landing page of Halloween Play Days! This series is brought to you by Shaunna of Fantastic Fun and Learning, Rachael of Nothing if Not Intentional, Jessica of Play Trains, Stephanie of Twodaloo, and Chelsey of Buggy and Buddy. Below are 18 open-ended Halloween activities for kids to try this fall. Have fun! Click on the orange highlighted text to get more information about each activity.
Related: Halloween Activities for Preschoolers
Playful & creative Halloween activities for kids
1. Play Dough Skeletons – Fantastic Fun and Learning
2. Creepy Crawly Cauldron Play – Nothing if Not Intentional
3. Halloween Fine Motor Play with Frankenstein Pumpkin – Fun-A-Day
4. Invitation to Create with Beads, Straws, and Pipe Cleaners – Buggy and Buddy
5. Scrap o’ Lantern – Twodaloo
6. October Moon Halloween Train Play – Play Trains
7. Halloween Invitation to Paint – Nothing if Not Intentional
8. Halloween Weaving – Fantastic Fun and Learning
9. Playing and Creating with Sand and Glass Gems – Buggy and Buddy
10. Spooky Mirrored Sand Play – Twodaloo
11. Halloween Sticky Table Art – Fun-A-Day
12. Pumpkin Railroad Building – Play Trains
13. Mini Pumpkins and Felt Toddler Activity – Buggy and Buddy
14. Halloween Carnival Pom Pom Tree Play – Play Trains
15. Haunted Pumpkin Patch Sensory Play – Fun-A-Day
16. Black and White Halloween Sensory Bins – Fantastic Fun and Learning
17. Play Invitations to Match Your Halloween Costumes – Nothing if Not Intentional
18. Sticky Witch Hat Toddler Craft – Twodaloo
Even more creative activities
For more open-ended fun for the kiddos, check out the Creative Kids’ Activities Pinterest board.
Click on the photos to see even more seasonal fun for the kiddos!
Fall Craft Materials
This list is full of so many great Halloween activities for your students. So, you might want to keep some Halloween materials on hand. Here are my suggestions (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Mini pumpkins
- Pumpkin seeds
- Food coloring
- Acrylic pumpkins
- Pumpkin confetti
- Coffee filters
- Construction paper
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and much more! We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms, as well as some less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the images below to learn more about some of our favorite halloween-themed products!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!
Leave a Reply