A few recent link ups at Share It Saturday have inspired this collection. Without further ado, here are 18 ideas for a space theme!
The Space Theme Inspirations
1. Art History Mom integrated play dough sensory play with a famous Van Gogh painting. What a gorgeous result!
2. Little Bins for Little Hands challenged her son to to excavate astronauts, planets, and stars from ice. He rose to the challenge and learned so much along the way!
3. Fantastic Fun and Learning created a beautiful moon and stars mobile. I love her literacy connection!
More Space Theme Ideas
4. Twodaloo whipped up a beautiful, colorful, and sparkly slime inspired by the Milky Way.
5. Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails used her kiddos’ feet to make rocket art.
6. Fun at Home with Kids set up an awesome glowing star sensory bath for her kiddos.
7. NurtureStore let her children build scrap rockets with various household materials.
8. 3 Dinosaurs made multi-level space-themed printables.
9. Babble Dabble Do delved into constellations with homemade geoboards.
10. And Next Comes L used magna-tiles and tin cans to create rockets.
11. The Imagination Tree made a sensory bin that mimics the moon’s surface and even has some googly-eyed aliens.
12. Picklebums created some spunky paper props for space sensory and pretend play.
13. No Time for Flashcards integrated math and literacy skills into a starry sensory bin.
14. JDaniel4’s Mom based a few learning activities upon the book “Space Boy”.
15. Creative Kid Snacks shared a solar system snack done two ways.
16. I Can Teach My Child used play dough, marbles, and pompoms to recreate the solar system.
17. My Nearest and Dearest created super sparkly night sky art.
18. Rubberboots and Elf Shoes worked her sensory “magic” with this space themed bin.
Do you have any other ideas for a space theme? I’m always looking for more ideas. 🙂
Be sure to check out my co-hosts and see what they’re featuring this week — Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="https://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>