A few recent link ups at Share It Saturday have inspired this collection. Without further ado, here are 18 ideas for a space theme!
The Space Theme Inspirations
1. Art History Mom integrated play dough sensory play with a famous Van Gogh painting. What a gorgeous result!
2. Little Bins for Little Hands challenged her son to to excavate astronauts, planets, and stars from ice. He rose to the challenge and learned so much along the way!
3. Fantastic Fun and Learning created a beautiful moon and stars mobile. I love her literacy connection!
More Space Theme Ideas
4. Twodaloo whipped up a beautiful, colorful, and sparkly slime inspired by the Milky Way.
5. Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails used her kiddos’ feet to make rocket art.
6. Fun at Home with Kids set up an awesome glowing star sensory bath for her kiddos.
7. NurtureStore let her children build scrap rockets with various household materials.
8. 3 Dinosaurs made multi-level space-themed printables.
9. Babble Dabble Do delved into constellations with homemade geoboards.
10. And Next Comes L used magna-tiles and tin cans to create rockets.
11. The Imagination Tree made a sensory bin that mimics the moon’s surface and even has some googly-eyed aliens.
12. Picklebums created some spunky paper props for space sensory and pretend play.
13. No Time for Flashcards integrated math and literacy skills into a starry sensory bin.
14. JDaniel4’s Mom based a few learning activities upon the book “Space Boy”.
15. Creative Kid Snacks shared a solar system snack done two ways.
16. I Can Teach My Child used play dough, marbles, and pompoms to recreate the solar system.
17. My Nearest and Dearest created super sparkly night sky art.
18. Rubberboots and Elf Shoes worked her sensory “magic” with this space themed bin.
Do you have any other ideas for a space theme? I’m always looking for more ideas. 🙂
Be sure to check out my co-hosts and see what they’re featuring this week — Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="https://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="https://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Hands-On Preschool Materials
It is super important that we keep our classrooms stocked with materials that will give our students the hands-on learning experiences that they love (and need!). There are a few specific things that I always keep on-hand in my classroom. Check them out in the list below.
I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- Safety scissors
- Dramatic play items
- Math manipulatives
- Dry erase markers
- Sensory items
- Play dough
- Craft supplies
- Playground balls
- Music and movement tools
- Books, books, and more books!
When it comes to preschool, this list is really just skims the surface of the wide variety of materials that can be used. The best thing about this age group is that they learn the most while playing. So, whether they’re playing on the playground, building with blocks, or creating a masterpiece, rest assured that the children are learning so many important skills, all while having fun!
Done-for-You Preschool Resources
Planning meaningful lessons for students week after week, all while balancing other teaching responsibilities and a personal life, can be a daunting task. That’s where Preschool Teacher 101 comes in to save you time!
Preschool Teacher 101 is excited to share with you some amazing lesson plans, activity packs, and much more! We offer a wide variety of themes that are frequently used in preschool classrooms, as well as some less common (but super interesting) themes. Click on the images below to learn more about our space products!
Join The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101 today for exclusive access to our amazing products. And we even have three different membership options to suit your needs!