These pumpkin pie calendar numbers are perfect for your holiday collection of calendar numbers! You can use them with your traditional or linear classroom calendar. AND the pumpkin pie number cards are perfect for practicing a wide variety of early math skills.
Integrate the pumpkin pie numbers into your Thanksgiving activities for preschoolers and kindergarten kids this fall. You can also use them as part of a food or baking theme, and I think they’d fit in well with your Christmas activities for preschoolers and early elementary students.
Related: Free Preschool Printables
I love that this simple number printable can be used in so many different ways! And with a variety of topics and holidays. Be sure to grab your own copy of the numbered pumpkin pies at the bottom of this post.
Pumpkin Pie Calendar Numbers
Below you’ll find some tips for prepping the number cards, as well as a few ways to use the pumpkin pie numbers with your students.
How to Prep the Pumpkin Pie Number Cards
Start off by grabbing the materials you need to get the calendar numbers ready to go. Here are the supplies we usually use (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
And that’s all you really need to get the numbers prepped. While you’re getting supplies, be sure to grab any items you’d like to use with the cards. Here are some possibilities:
Then it’s time to prep the pumpkin pie calendar numbers. First, get your own copy of the printable at the bottom of this post. Download it to your computer and then open it in the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader. Print the numbers, making extra copies as desired.
Then cut the individual calendar numbers apart and laminate them. Then you’re ready to use them with your students.
Using the Pumpkin Pie Calendar Numbers with Children
As I mentioned above, you can use the pumpkin pie numbers in so many ways! Here are some of our favorite uses for the calendar numbers:
- Add the numbered pumpkin pies to your traditional or linear classroom calendar. I think they’re perfect around Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Pair them with another set, like our turkey calendar numbers, to practice patterning with your students.
- Challenge the children to put the numbers in order from 0 to 35. Once they can do so, have them do so in reverse numerical order.
- Put the pumpkin pie numbers in the math center along with loose parts or math manipulatives. Have the children use the manipulatives to practice one-to-one correspondence by placing the corresponding number of items next to each number card.
- Set up a simple sensory writing tray (you can make it fancy by adding some pumpkin pie spice!) for your students. Let the kids practice number formation in the tray, using the numbered pumpkin pies as visual cues.
- Use the cards to measure each of the children. They can all find out how many pumpkin pies they are tall, which will be an entertaining conversation!
- Set up a Memory-like number matching grid game using multiple copies of the pumpkin pie numbers (or use multiple calendar number sets).
But keep in mind that these are just some ideas. You and your students can definitely find even more uses for the pumpkin pie calendar numbers. In fact, feel free to leave me a comment about your kids’ favorite number card activities.
What are Kids Learning with the Pumpkin Pie Numbers?
Oh, your students are exploring so many early math concepts with these calendar numbers. Here’s a list of just some of those concepts:
- Number identification
- One-to-one correspondence
- Graphing and data analysis
- Number formation
- Numerical order
Those are the concepts I usually use with number cards like these. Don’t forget to get your own copy of the pumpkin pie calendar numbers at the bottom of the post.
More Pumpkin Pie Activities for Kids
Of course I just had to share a few more activities centered on pumpkin pies with you:
- Pumpkin Pie Sensory Bin
- Fluffy Pumpkin Spice Slime
- Scented Pumpkin Pie Craft
- Pumpkin Pie Letter Search
- I Am Thankful Pumpkin Pie Craft
I think those ideas would complement the pumpkin pie calendar numbers very well!
Pumpkin Pie Fine Motor Mats
Let Preschool Teacher 101 save you a ton of planning time! We have hundreds of early childhood resources from lesson plans to STEM challenges to circle time songs (and so much more). Members of The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101, a membership site for teachers, get access to our materials (and members-only exclusives) at an even steeper discount.
If you and your students love the pumpkin pie calendar numbers, our pumpkin pie alphabet fine motor mats will be a hit too! Click on the image below to get your own from the shop:
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Get the Pumpkin Pie Calendar Numbers
Members of Fun-A-Day’s (free!) email community have access to all of my free printables. If that’s you, enter your email address in the form below to have the download link for the pumpkin pie numbers sent to your inbox. If you’re not a member yet, you can enter your information in the form below to join us. Then you’ll get the pumpkin pie calendar numbers as a welcome gift.
Open the form in a new tab if you can’t see it above.