I love using themes to teach young children. I find it helps tie different learning objectives together, and themes lend themselves to project-based learning very well. A preschool apple theme is a well-loved way to delve into fun and meaningful learning activities in the fall! When I taught kindergarten, my students enjoyed this theme, too.
ideas for a kindergarten or preschool apple theme
Below you’ll find all of my preschool apple theme activities. I used some of them when I taught kindergarten, as well, so I think they’re easily tweaked depending on the age of your kids/students. I’ll add more to this page as I write about more apple-themed ideas, so be sure to check back periodically.
Arts and Crafts
- Apple Hand Print and Parent Appreciation Poem
- Spicy Apple Art for Kids
- Apple Hand Print Bulletin Board
- Simple Apple Print Making
- Apple Fine Motor Color Matching Game
- Apple Number Activity for 1:1 Correspondence
- “Put the Apples on the Tree” Math Game
- Tasting and Graphing Apples
- “Tiny Apples” Sensory Play
- Easy Apple Scented Water for Sensory Play
- Spicy Apple Play Dough
- Apple Pie Sensory Play with Pompoms and Oats
- Colorful, Scented Rice for an Apple Theme
even more ideas for a preschool apple theme
What are some of your favorite activities for a preschool apple theme? What are some of your students’ favorites? Pop over to Fun-A-Day’s Facebook page to share photos of your kids/students learning all about apples!
Play and Learn with Recycled Materials | Still Playing School
Alien Crafts and Activities | Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Transportation Crafts and Activities for Kids | Mamas Like Me