There were so many fun Easter egg activities linked up at last week’s Share It Saturday! They are the inspiration behind this collection of 50 Easter egg activities for the kiddos. It’s full of ideas for learning, art, and play with Easter eggs.
For even more fun Easter egg activities, be sure to check out Tinkerlab’s Egg Creative Challenge for Kids! It will run the entire month of April.
To make it easier to navigate, I’ve organized the activities into the following categories – Math, Literacy, Science, Sensory, Art, Crafts, and Decorating Easter Eggs. There are so many ideas I can’t wait to try out in preschool and at home.
- Easter Egg Color Grading Activity – Gift of Curiosity
- Easter Fine Motor Activity and Color Matching – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Learning Double Digits – Dabbling Momma
- Easter Egg Rainbow – Living Montessori Now
- Easter Memory Game – Happily Ever Mom
- 10 Ways to Use Plastic Eggs for Learning with Kids – Mom to 2 Posh L’il Divas
- Easter Egg Dominoes – The Pleasantest Thing
- Easter Egg Phonics Game – Just Another Blog
- Pre-Writing Skills – Decorating Paper Eggs – Sorting Sprinkles
- Plastic Eggs Easter Name Game – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Egg Scavenger Hunt to Make Words – Hands-On: As We Grow
- Free Easter File Folder Game – The Measured Mom
- Easter Egg CVC Word Game – Mess for Less
- Reverse Easter Egg Hunt – Crystal and Co.
- Floating or Sinking Eggs – JDaniel4’s Mom
- Easter Eggs Baking Soda Science – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Easter Eggs on the Overhead – Exploring Light and Color – Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Pestle and Mortar Eggshells – Sorting Sprinkles
- Fizzy Easter Eggs – Reading Confetti
- Hatching Chicks – Fun-A-Day!
- Comparing Eggs Experiment – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Easter Egg Wash Water Sensory Play – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Easter Sensory Play – ABC Creative Learning
- Buttons and Eggs! – My Nearest and Dearest
- Rainbow Wooden Easter Egg Sensory Bin – Fun at Home with Kids
- Panning for Easter Eggs – Winegums and Watermelons
- Easter Sensory Bin – Rubberboots and Elf Shoes
- Easter Egg Hand Prints – Fun-A-Day!
- Art Appreciation with Henri, Egg Artiste – Play Dr. Mom
- Easter Egg Suncatchers – Twodaloo
- Easter Egg Art Inspired by Rechenka’s Eggs – Buggy and Buddy
- Easter Egg Potato Stamping – Sassy Dealz
- Sidewalk Egg Crack Painting – Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Crack Open the Egg and Paint – Teach Preschool
- Wet Chalk Tape Resist Easter Egg Painting – Mom to 2 Posh L’il Divas
- Plastic Egg Wreath – KC Edventures
- Button Art Easter Card – The Boy and Me
- Easter Egg Toss Bottle Game – JDaniel4’s Mom
- Easter Egg Fridge Magnets – My Nearest and Dearest
- Yarn Easter Egg Craft – No Time for Flash Cards
- Felt Board Easter Eggs – Fireflies and Mud Pies
- How to Make Salt Dough Easter Eggs – Powerful Mothering
- Foil and Tissue Egg Ornament – Happy Hooligans
Decorating Easter Eggs
- Marbleizing Easter Eggs – Sorting Sprinkles
- Glittered Easter Eggs – Plain Vanilla Mom
- Melted Crayon Art for Easter – Blog Me Mom
- Volcano Egg Dyeing – Toddler Approved
- Easter Egg Ideas for Kids: Drawing in Frames – The Artful Parent
- Dyed Wooden Eggs – Plain Vanilla Mom
- Thomas and Friends Easter Eggs – Play Trains!
I hope all of these awesome Easter egg activities have inspired you to play, learn, and create with your kiddos! Do you have any ideas to add to this list?
Be sure to check out my co-hosts and see what they’re featuring this week — Sugar Aunts, Teach Beside Me, Laughing Kids Learn, Chestnut Grove Academy, and Life & Lessons from a Country Road. Here’s the Share It Saturday Button for those of you who link up:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="http://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/share-it-saturday-button.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
For those who were featured, feel free to grab a button just for you:
<div align="center"><a href="http://fun-a-day.com" title="Fun-A-Day!" target="_blank"><img src="http://fun-a-day.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sis-4.png" alt="Fun-A-Day!" style="border:none;" /></a></div>